These cookies have become a fan favorite across my social media. I developed the recipe when all purpose flour and eggs were sparse, so these turned out to be (accidentally) gluten free and egg free. I guarantee that they are just as flavorful and chewy as your average cookie recipe- so even if you aren't gluten free they are definitely worth a try. Feel free to sub in your favorite mix-ins.... ditch the candy and add more chocolate chips, toasted nuts, coconut, etc.
The perfect combo of rich peanut butter and big oat flavor studded with plenty of chocolate. Mix these by hand and bake the dough immediately for flavor packed cookies in a snap!
•2 1/2 cups rolled oats or quick oats (250 grams)
•1 cup chocolate chips
•2/3 cup M&Ms
•1 1/4 cups brown sugar, lightly packed
•6 Tablespoons vegetable oil (or canola/avocado/coconut)
•4 Tablespoons milk (dairy or non dairy)
•2 teaspoons vanilla extract
•3/4 teaspoon baking powder
•1/2 teaspoon baking soda
•1/2 teaspoon fine salt
•3/4 cup peanut butter
•Coarse salt for finishing
1. Preheat your oven to 350*F with a rack in the upper and lower third.Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment.
2. Use a blender or food processor to grind the oats to a very fine flour (or measure 250 grams oat flour) and place in a medium bowl. Toss the chocolate chips and half the M&Ms with the oat flour and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl combine the brown sugar, oil, milk, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir until smooth.
4.Stir the oat flour and chocolate into the liquid ingredients. Add the peanut butter to the dough and mix well to combine.
5. Scoop rounded Tablespoonful portions of dough, 15 per cookie sheet. Gently roll the dough balls to smooth them and then flatten to a 1/2" thick. Top with remaining M&Ms.
6. Bake for 11-13 minutes until puffed and golden. Sprinkle with salt if desired Makes about 30 cookies.
Thanks for stopping by- I’m so grateful
that you’re here!
Get a fresh delivery of only the goods delivered to your inbox.
Did you love this? Let us know!