The perfect combo of rich peanut butter and big oat flavor studded with plenty of chocolate. Mix these by hand and bake the dough immediately for flavor packed cookies in a snap!
•2 1/2 cups rolled oats or quick oats (250 grams)
•1 cup chocolate chips
•2/3 cup M&Ms
•1 1/4 cups brown sugar, lightly packed
•6 Tablespoons vegetable oil (or canola/avocado/coconut)
•4 Tablespoons milk (dairy or non dairy)
•2 teaspoons vanilla extract
•3/4 teaspoon baking powder
•1/2 teaspoon baking soda
•1/2 teaspoon fine salt
•3/4 cup peanut butter
•Coarse salt for finishing
1. Preheat your oven to 350*F with a rack in the upper and lower third.Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment.
2. Use a blender or food processor to grind the oats to a very fine flour (or measure 250 grams oat flour) and place in a medium bowl. Toss the chocolate chips and half the M&Ms with the oat flour and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl combine the brown sugar, oil, milk, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir until smooth.
4.Stir the oat flour and chocolate into the liquid ingredients. Add the peanut butter to the dough and mix well to combine.
5. Scoop rounded Tablespoonful portions of dough, 15 per cookie sheet. Gently roll the dough balls to smooth them and then flatten to a 1/2" thick. Top with remaining M&Ms.
6. Bake for 11-13 minutes until puffed and golden. Sprinkle with salt if desired Makes about 30 cookies.