No Churn Raspberry Swirl Ice Cream Sandwiches
Whip up a silky smooth ice cream with ribbons of bright raspberry- no ice cream maker needed! The perfect frozen treat to sandwich between cookies for a gourmet ice cream sandwich.
- 1 pint fresh raspberries- or 1 ¾ cups frozen raspberries
- Juice ½ lemon
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
VANILLA ICE CREAM BASE
- One 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon fine salt
- 24 cookies for assembly
- In a medium saucepan combine all of the ingredients for the raspberry puree and use a fork or whisk to crush the raspberries.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes, until slightly thickened. Strain the puree into a bowl and cool completely.
- To make the vanilla icc cream base, in a large bowl whisk together the condensed milk and yogurt until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream, vanilla and salt until medium peaks form. The cream should hold its shape but be flexible like shaving cream.
- Fold half of the whipped cream into the milk/yogurt mixture. Fold the remaining half of the whipped cream into the milk being careful not to deflate the cream.
- Spoon ⅓ of the vanilla ice cream into a 9” loaf pan or 9” square pan. Drizzle half of the cooled raspberry puree over the vanilla ice cream. Repeat with half the remaining vanilla ice cream, the remaining raspberry puree and finally the remaining vanilla ice cream. Cover the pan tightly with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, about 6 hours or up to overnight.
- To assemble, scoop ¼” portions of ice cream and place in between two cookies and serve immediately or cover and freeze.